Making Mama’s Life Easier With BabyBjorn’s Bouncer Bliss
We are so excited to announce that BabyBjorn, the Swedish…
We connected with running mom, Leah Balentine, on Instagram last year when she was pregnant and we’ve followed her ever since. Now a new mommy to her adorable little running buddy, we find Leah’s posts super inspiring plus she’s a Charity Miles ambassador and that means, every time she gets moving (which is a lot), she earns money for a charity of her choosing. With the theme of healthy living and New Year’s resolutions in mind, we asked Leah to guest blog for Gugu Guru this month and share some of her avid running mama picks. Here’s what she had to say:
I started distance running after college. I ran my first marathon (Marine Corps Marathon) with Team in Training in 2009. One thing led to another and over the last few years I have run 10 marathons. I slowed down but continued to run during pregnancy.
Stroller running brings a whole new level of intensity but it is so fun! We love to run around Honolulu. A great place for stroller running near us is Ala Moana Park. It’s a beautiful, paved park.
Here are some of my top picks for avid running mamas:
2. Stability ball for core/pelvic strength.
3. Running journal to keep track of fitness during pregnancy and postpartum progress.
4. A supportive sports bra that allows for breastfeeding. I like the Moving Comforts Juno Sports Bra.
5. A Bao Bei Maternity Sports Band to provide pregnant belly support for workouts.
6. Gabrialla maternity support belt – I found this one works best for belly support specifically during running versus just general workouts.