RSV season is upon us. For new parents, this can be scary. We surveyed our community of moms and collected our top tips for keeping your family healthy, and dealing with a case of RSV if it enters your home.
- Humidifier – Our #1 tip! Keep a humidifier running constantly. This will keep the air moist and help ease congestion and coughing. It’s important to choose a quality, easy-to-clean humidifier to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold. Our all-time favorite humidifiers are from Crane because they’re easy to fill, easy to clean, and so effective! This 4-in-1 Humidifer and this Top Fill Humidifier are our top picks.
- Boogie Stuff! – Saline Spray (or a Saline Spray Inhaler), Boogie Wipes, and a NoseFrida or NozeBot for suction are essential. With RSV, the body produces a lot of extra mucus. Since babies can’t blow their noses, the more you can help clear the congestion and mucus out of their system, the better!
- Ask your pediatrician what you can do for hydration at your baby’s age. Keeping baby hydrated when they aren’t eating or drinking normally can be tricky and is one of the more dangerous symptoms that comes with RSV.
- Keep a paper and pen next to the changing table to track wet diapers, or check out an app like Huckleberry or Cubtale to help make tracking easy!
- Menthol Rub – Bring comfort to baby by using a menthol rub on their chest, feet, and back. Just be careful to keep it covered so baby can’t touch it and get it in his or her eyes.
- Pediatric pulse ox – As parents, we worry. A pediatric pusle ox can keep your mind at peace that your child is getting all the oxygen they need. Plus, they’re cute for kids!
- Temperature Stickers – Another product to bring you peace of mind are these fun Fever-Bugz stickers that continuously monitor your child’s temperature for up to 48 hours, simply by placing it on the forehead.
- Sleep! – Day or night, sleep is vital for you and your little one when they are sick
Join our Mom Creator community by signing up for our email list and receive paid and gifted opportunities with your favorite baby and kid brands in your inbox weekly!
Interested in becoming a mom content creator or influencer but don’t know where to start? Join our monthly coaching membership specifically designed for mom creators.