It can be overwhelming to decide which items to add to your working mom’s baby registry, so we reached out to real working mom’s to find out which items they couldn’t live without for making life easier with kids and toddlers. Read on to learn more about these influencer moms and their must-have kiddo products for busy working moms. Don’t forget to check out the Working Mother Registry with Working Mother and KIDBOX, too!
Solange Lopes, @thecorporatesister recommends:
- Amazon Prime (especially Amazon Family): Amazon was, and still is, my go-to to order everything from groceries to books without having to take the kids out on stressful shopping trips!
- Crockpot: I know this may sound counter-intuitive. However, the ability to set up a meal before leaving for work and come back to prepared food is absolutely amazing!
- Tote that doubles as a diaper bag: What no one tells you is that carrying too many bags plus baby is borderline impossible. Instead, I found tote bags that could serve as diaper bags too, like this Allyn tote.
- HelloFresh: This is a great meal delivery service for those days when you just need it all together to cook a quick meal.
Dr. Rupa Wong, @drrupawong suggests:
- I love the OmieBox Bento Lunchbox, we have it in blue, green and pink for each of my kids.
- I found this calendar on etsy and we have a family meeting every night (or try to ) to review the children’s activities for the next day. We got it custom made to have all 5 of us on there (me, my husband and each of our 3 kids).
- I think the food box delivery services are great. We only have a local one here in Hawaii, but you could use any national one to sub in. Very helpful for new parents who are overwhelmed with caring for a newborn.
Danielle Rudy Davis, @louwhatwear recommends:
- Lunch Box Inserts: Love these lunch box inserts that make getting out the door with a healthy lunch so much easier. The little containers have it all spaced out so you just add fruits, snacks, veggies and a sandwich or leftovers in and you’re out the door. No messing with a ton of little containers and all their lids!
- Google Home: This little guy does everything. Helps with homework when I get stumped, plays all our favorite songs for dance parties, knows the answer random trivia questions, provides background sound effects for bedtime stories and sets timers for time out. Plus I keep a running to-do list and can easily ask google to add things to the list before I forget or a kid distracts me!
- Welly First Aid Kits: This is a new one but has been a lifesaver for our pool bag and I’m now going to add one to my car. It’s full of everything you need and nothing you don’t. Bandages, ointment, hand sanitizer and hydrocortisone. It comes in a really cute tin that you can easily stash in any bag. You’re ready to patch up a boo boo no matter where you are.
Aaronica Cole, @aaronicacole suggests:
Ergobaby Carrier for toddlers: My Ergobaby carrier is THE best. I’m a firm believer in babywearing and people generally stop when you hit toddlerhood. But the Ergobaby is safe to use up to 45lbs and you can wear it multiple ways. Now that my son is a toddler, I wear him like a backpack when he’s feeling fussy and I still have things to get done. It quiets him and leaves me hands-free.
Kindle Fire: The Kindle Fire is the best. You can put safeguards so they aren’t all over the internet and in unsafe places. I load ours with educational apps so I don’t feel bad when I have to put them in front of a screen to get some things done.
Lindsay Mauch, @lindsaymauch recommends:
- My favorite products are the Melissa and Doug reusable sticker pads and other craft packs I can use to keep my kiddos entertained if I have to take an unexpected phone call for work during a day when I’m home with them. They work great!
- As a working mom, delivery services like Instacart and Amazon Prime Now have been lifesavers for me. If I am getting ready to leave for the day and I see we’re out of milk and other food items, I order groceries through one of these services. It comes to my home within two hours and saves me time and stress and gives me peace of mind.