It can be overwhelming to decide which items to add to your working mom’s baby registry, so we reached out to real working mom’s to find out which items they couldn’t live without in the newborn days. Read on to learn more about these influencer moms and their must-have newborn products for busy working moms. Don’t forget to check out the Working Mother Registry with Working Mother and KIDBOX, too!
Jasmine Johnson, @mrsmommymd suggests:
- Breast milk freezer storage system: For making freezer to bottle transitions easier, and helps keep your freezer organized (and your life more organized!).
- Simple Wishes Hands Free Pumping Bra: So you can pump anytime and anyplace, including on your commute!
- Foscam Security Camera: So you can stalk – we mean, watch – your baby all day long from wherever you are.
Julie S, @fabworkingmomjulie recommends:
- Medela Breast Pump: The Medela pump that my insurance provided was very important to help me continue breastfeeding as long as possible.
- Nanny: We also had a nanny, which made things easier so we didn’t have to leave the house with the baby and rush to leave for daycare in the morning.
- Grocery delivery: I use Shipt, and it has been absolutely life-changing! Grocery shopping with a small child is painful.
- Baby Bouncer: A bouncer was also vital when my little one was growing and had so much energy. It really helped to release all that energy without running around the house and getting into everything.
Philia Kelnhofer, @philiakelnhofer suggets:
- Diaper Backpack: Make sure your diaper bag backpack has a slot for a laptop like this one!
- Instacart: I love that I’m able to order groceries when I don’t have time to go to the store.
- Evernote: I love that I can take notes and access them on my phone, computer, etc. I make shopping lists, reminders, to-dos, party menus, etc.
- Nest Camera: I love our Nest Camera, being able to see my son when I’m not home every once in a while is a real treat when I’m at work!
Candace, @themomatlaw recommends:
- Formula Pro Baby Brezza: this was incredibly helpful after the birth of our twins. It made such a difference with overnight feedings and eliminated that hassle of having to make or heat bottles throughout the night. We didn’t have one with our first child, but if I could go back in time, I would have totally used one then, too!
- Instacart: this was a life saving during my twin pregnancy when it was too difficult to leave the house for grocery shopping with my oldest son, and then again during the early months with twins plus one.
- Owlet Baby Monitor: the Owlet Baby Monitor was another great tool to have that allowed us to keep an eye on the kids while they slept while also feeling comfortable to work on other tasks in the house.
- Housekeeping: We hired a housekeeper after the arrival of our twins. We didn’t use a big company–we hired based on word of mouth and recommendations from friends-but it has made such a HUGE difference ever since.
Alyssa Loring, @alyssaloring recommends:
- Wubbanub: her security object,
- Safety 1st crib mattress: for really good naps at grandma’s house
- back up boxes of diapers and wipes
- Take and Toss cups: having extra always makes life easier!
- White noise machine: a must-have for naptime
- Nursing Cover: a nursing cover that transitions to a grocery cart cover or extra blanket layer in the stroller
Carrie, @foreverfreckledblog suggests:
- The Baby Shusher: This was a miracle product that I used 24/7 for the first 6 months. Instantaneously calmed my son down and helped him fall asleep with the rhythmic “shhhhh” sound. The “shhhh” sound emulates the noises they hear in the womb which is why it is so calming to them. Had one at home, in the car, and in my stroller!
- Water Wipes: Hands down best wipes on the planet. They are safe for your baby. Purest wipe you can get. I haven’t had diaper rash once!
- Dr Browns Options Bottles: My Leo had extremely COLIC. always gassy and uncomfortable. The bottles were a lifesaver and the only bottle he would take
- Hatch Sound Machine: I love this sound machine. Has a ton of different sounds and colors. You can control it from an app on your phone. This was so convenient when Leo was already asleep and I forgot to turn his sounds machine on. I could turn it on with my phone and never had to go into his room. With a 3-year old making a lot of noise throughout the day and before bed, it creates that sound barrier you need to keep the baby sleeping. Catherine, @thelifestyled recommends:
- Willow Pump – I always hated being tethered to the wall with my first pump, and am I SO EXCITED to try this new mobile pump that came out since I was last in this phase of motherhood. I think it’ll be a game-changer to be able to pump anywhere.
- The Snoo – Another one that came out since my last baby. Cannot wait to hopefully get some extra rest with this so I don’t feel so tired when it’s time to come back to work. Love that they do rentals now too.
- Solly wrap – Can’t wait to strap my little one to me while I’m running errands even just getting some e-mails done.
- Gathre mats – Love these for changing on the go, or the larger ones for lounging/playing with the little ones
- Askr + Embla baby loungers – These Sleepods are so luxurious, organic, and perfect for setting the baby down safely when you need a minute hands free.
- Our Gugu Guru team enjoys GoPuff for last-minute needs. GoPuff delivers everything from apples to ice cream making a parent’s life a lot easier.