Summer is the season for fun getaways but for some new parents, traveling with a babe – whether by car, air or rail – can seem daunting. However, if you equip yourself with the right gear, summer travel can be a snap. In this post, we’ve partnered with our friends at Baby K’tan to feature some of our favorite products for summer travel.
Top Summer Travel Pick: The Baby K’tan Active Baby Carrier
Regardless of season, there is arguably nothing that is more necessary for travel than a great baby carrier. For air travel, it is an absolute must because you’re likely going to have to at least gate check your stroller and a carrier gives you the vital capability of keeping baby safe, hands-free.
However, for summer travel and hot weather in general, not all carriers are made the same. The Baby K’tan Active Baby Carrier is the ideal carrier for warmer days. Why? The Baby K’tan Active Baby Carrier is constructed with a high-tech sport mesh performance fabric that wicks away moisture and sweat – keeping both parent and baby cool even on the most sticky and humid days. Moreover, since pediatricians don’t recommend applying sunscreen on infants under 6 months, this carrier will help protect baby’s sensitive skin. How so? In addition to acting as a sun shade for baby, the unique fabric blocks over 90% of the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Here are some other products we love for summer travel with baby(s) in tow:
- Of course, you first need a bag to pack. We love the Baby K’tan Weekender, which is roomy enough to fit all your essentials but compact enough to throw in the overhead bin.
- For pregnant or nursing moms, we absolutely LOVE this easy essential from Belabumbum: the Reversible Maternity & Nursing Dress. (Hint: use code GUGUGURU for 10% OFF plus FREE shipping.)
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter if it’s summer or not, when you travel with a baby you will be exposing him or her to new germs and also generally disrupting your routine. The Fridababy Baby Basics Kit has everything you will need for baby care in a wristlet style silicone carrying case.
- If flying, the TSA does allow you to carry formula, breast milk and juice in excess of 3.4 ounces in your carry-on bag but you’ll have to let them know before you start the security screening process. We are big fans of Dr. Brown’s bottles and sippy cups for feeding on-the-go. Plus Baby K’tan’s awesome diaper bag offers two insulated bottle pockets for storage.
- Once you get to your destination, some essentials for sleep include a compact and wireless monitor such as our favorite the Evoz, a Crane travel humidifier (read why this is a must for traveling while breastfeeding), some swaddles or a sleep suit if baby is out of the swaddle and a safe, portable sleep space such as the 4moms Breeze GO (that also offers a super quick one-push set up and convenient carrying bag.)
- Lastly, a great travel system that includes a car seat and a stroller is an absolute must for most types of summer travel with an infant. We are huge fans of the Britax B-Free & Endeavours Travel System for a number of reasons. First and foremost, in our opinion, it is the top of the line brand when it comes to next-level safety. For summer travel, we love that it boasts an expandable canopy on the Britax stroller protects your baby from the sun. It also has seven pockets and an extra-large storage basket offering plenty of room for baby’s gear, and yours.