A Gugu Guru registrant asks for help, and one of our registry consultants answers! When a mom of twins mentions on sign up, “I share a small room with my two babies and am interested in space-saving products for parents of twins” – our registry consultant, Abby, who is also a mom of twins, comes to the rescue. Here’s what she has to say:
I am so excited to send you this list of space-saving products for parents of twins that I think will *hopefully* help with some of your dilemmas. I even use some of these with my twins, so I can personally say they are ‘Twin-Mom Approved!’ I am sure you have solutions for sleeping and clothing storage so I tried to stay away from the basics.
- The best solution for a small space diaper station is the Skip Hop Pronto Changing Station. With compartments for extra diapers, wipes, and diaper cream, this is a great go-to for floor changes.
- My other recommendation is the Keekaroo Changing Pad, which makes diaper changes on top of counters/dressers/even on the floor completely possible! Bonus: the changer is slip resistant, meaning your little ones won’t be able to move it.
Shelving and Displays
Wall Shelves can be a great way to display items in a fun (and out of the way) way.
For the Kitchen
The first item that popped immediately into my head is a compact highchair. Here are a few options you may like (at different price points).
- Many twin moms prefer the Ikea Antilop high chair. At just $19.99 it is a steal. It is also easy to take apart for quick storage.
- The Joovy Nook highchair is the one I currently use for my boys. I love that it folds completely flat for easy storage when it’s not meal time.
- The Stokke Tripp Trapp is a favorite high chair of moms everywhere. It slides easily up to the table, or you can use purchase a separate tray. Also, I love this chair because it grows with your kiddos.
The hardest part of living in a small space is the amount of stuff the twins’ need for activity and stimulation. Finding small activity tables and toys that can be easily put away is a challenge, but possible! Also, utilize underneath bed/crib storage
for items that aren’t being used.
- Finn + Emma has a ton of play gyms that aren’t connected to a mat, which makes them easy to set down anywhere! They are adorable and easy to store when not in use.
- My last suggestion is a little bit on the larger side, but it plays multiple roles! The Ruggish Play Rugs are great and stylish on one side, but turn into a play mat for the kiddos on the back. These are actually currently on my ‘To Buy’ list as my boys get a little bit bigger.
Interested in some other helpful posts for parents of multiples? Check these out:
Abby Ludwig, Gugu Guru Registry Consultant
Abby Ludwig is a Gugu Guru Registry Consultant and a mom of two adorable twin boys.